Podcast # 286!
Massa grabs the win at Magny Cours!
Kimi able to limp his Ferrari home for second
and a fantastic third for Jarno and Toyota!
Bernie’s Nevers Nevers Land: Let’s hope the 2008 French Grand Prix was not the last serving at Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours. Despite the fact track is located in cow country, Bernie is hopeful he can milk more money by staging a race in Paris or Panmunjon. Track has hosted the French Grand Prix since 1991 when Nigel Mansell triumphed in a Renault powered Williams. Renault had won the first ever Grand Prix race in 1906 and the 100th. anniversary race in 2006 was won by Michael Schumacher in his Ferrari, marking his eighth triumph at this circuit.
The French Grand Prix
Magny Cours, France;
70 laps; 308.586km;
Weather: Cloudy, then light rain.
Pos Driver Team Time
1. Massa Ferrari (B) 1h31:50.245
2. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) + 17.984
3. Trulli Toyota (B) + 28.250
4. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 28.929
5. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) + 30.512
6. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) + 40.304
7. Piquet Renault (B) + 41.033
8. Alonso Renault (B) + 43.372
9. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) + 51.021
10. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 54.538
11. Glock Toyota (B) + 57.700
12. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 58.065
13. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) + 1:02.079
14. Barrichello Honda (B) + 1 lap
15. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) + 1 lap
16. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) + 1 lap
17. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 1 lap
18. Fisichella Force India-Ferrari (B) + 1 lap
19. Sutil Force India-Ferrari (B) + 1 lap
Fastest lap: Raikkonen, 1:16.630