Medal to the Vettel: Sunday’s Italian Grand Prix saw history made both in qualifying and the race itself. Sebastian Vettel, from Heppenheim in Germany, became the youngest pole sitter at the age of 21 years and 73 days in the rain on Saturday. He continued to shine in the rain-affected 53-laps race at Monza, an historic circuit located in a Royal Park near Milan. Victory makes him the youngest Grand Prix winner, a mark previously held by Fernando Alonso since his triumph in the 2003 Hungarian Grand Prix.
Gran Premio Santander D’Italia 2008
We have a new winner in F1 Sebastian Vettel!!
Heikki finshes second for McLaren.
Robert Kubica takes a strong third.
Fernando holds onto fourth Nick fifth.
Pos Driver Team Time
1. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1h26:47.000
2. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 12.512
3. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) + 20.471
4. Alonso Renault (B) + 23.903
5. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) + 27.748
6. Massa Ferrari (B) + 28.816
7. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 29.012
8. Webber Red Bull-Renault (B) + 32.048
9. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) + 39.468
10. Piquet Renault (B) + 54.445
11. Glock Toyota (B) + 58.888
12. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) + 1:02.015
13. Trulli Toyota (B) + 1:05.954
14. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) + 1:08.635
15. Button Honda (B) + 1:13.370
16. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) + 1 lap
17. Barrichello Honda (B) + 1 lap
18. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 1 lap
19. Sutil Force India-Ferrari (B) + 2 laps
Fastest lap: Raikkonen, 1:28.047