Podcast # 315
Sato on top of the time sheets in Barca.
Big day for Bruno Senna in his F1 test.
Alonso voted by British newspaper best driver of 2008.
Motorsports Mondial with Nasir.
Interview with John Edwards.
Smile of Success: Podcast 315 features an interview with newly crowned Formula Star Mazda Champion, John Michael Edwards. The Cincinnati Kid has been poking his way through the International waters of motor racing since 2005. Born in Louisville, Kentucky, on March 11, 1991, the young gun is shooting for a professional career in motorsports. At the tender age of 12 he became the youngest ever licensed driver in US open wheel road racing.
John’s January 2004 victory at Daytona in Skip Barber Formula Dodge Race Series made him the youngest winner in open wheel road racing history. Flying to Europe in 2005 on the wings of Red Bull, John landed in the ultra-competitive world of International karting and half way through the season was promoted to Formula Renault. In 2006, he made podium appearances at Spa-Francorchamps and Nurburgring, and took his first victory of the season in Sweden at Anderstorp.
Racing stateside for the past two years, John continues with the "youngest" trend with his podium finish in the Formula Atlantic race in Toronto last year. Skipping the Sebring season opener this year, John quickly established himself as the new and winning kid on the block. He celebrates his championship victory with a fully funded ride in Formula Atlantic courtesy of Mazda Motorsports.
Pos Driver Team Time Laps
1. Sato Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:20.763 121
2. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) 1:21.071 117
3. Wurz Honda (B) 1:21.198 77
4. de la Rosa McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:21.417 65
5. Badoer Ferrari (B) 1:22.038 93
6. Paffett McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1:22.235 47
7. Kubica BMW-Sauber (B) 1:22.341 56
8. Loeb Red Bull-Renault (B) 1:22.503 82
9. Piquet Renault (B) 1:22.560 80
10. Klien BMW-Sauber (B) 1:22.883 53
11. Hulkenberg Williams-Toyota (B) 1:23.467 116
12. Liuzzi Force India-Ferrari (B) 1:23.794 86
13. Sutil Force India-Ferrari (B) 1:23.832 88
14. Gene Ferrari (B) 1:24.117 32
15. Senna Honda (B) 1:24.343 39
16. van der Garde Renault (B) 1:24.908 27
17. di Grassi Honda (B) 1:25.512 48
Birth of a salesman or death of a calendar? Host with the most, Clark Rodgers aka “Francois”, proudly offers for sale the 2009 Motorsport Memories Powered by Turbo calendar at the recent Nor Cal Rotax Championship gala at Infineon Raceway. Calendar is a tribute to the flame throwing 1,000hp engines of the turbo era, which began at Silverstone with Renault and Jean-Pierre Jabouille. The same combination rode into history by winning on home soil in 1979 at Dijon-Prenois, but the real boost was taking place behind Jabouille between his teammate Rene Arnoux and Canadian Ferrari star Gilles Villeneuve.
Powered by Turbo features Ayrton Senna in a Toleman, Alain Prost in a Renault and McLaren, Nelson Piquet in a Brabham, Michele Alboreto in a Ferrari, Nigel Mansell in his JPS-Lotus, Keke Rosberg in Williams and others.
English captions are professionally translated in French and German. Now available thru our merchandise page.