FELIX ROSENQVIST WANTS TO FIGHT FOR THE TITLE
Felix Rosenqvist has extended his contract with the German team Mücke Motorsport into a third consecutive year. The 21-year-old Swede has signed a deal to compete in FIA Formula 3 European Championship the upcoming season. Rosenqvist finished in second place at the prestigious Macau Grand Prix in China in November 2012.
“We are really looking forward to continue our successful relationship with Felix for a third straight year,” says Mücke Motorsport Team Principal Peter Mücke. “Felix is exceptionally fast and fits in perfectly with the team on a human level, and he is definitely one of the favorites for the FIA Formula 3 European Championship title. We now have an ideal package in place for the new season, and I’m convinced that our four drivers will complement each other and drive the team forwards.”
“It feels great to finally be able to announce my plans for 2013, and to continue my association with the guys at Mücke Motorsport for another year,” says Felix Rosenqvist. “It’s been a long winter with several flattering offers to consider, but at the end of the day, there is no doubt in my mind that this is the best option for my career. The FIA Formula 3 European Championship will ensure that all the best F3 teams and drivers race side-by-side in a united and strong series, and that is highly compelling to me. The competition will be even tougher than previously, but – on the back of our results at the end of last year – my sole target has got to be to win as many races as possible; and I’m here to fight for the title.”
Rosenqvist will form a part of a four-car line-up at Mücke Motorsport, alongside Israel’s Roy Nissany, Australian Mitchell Gilbert and 2012 team-mate Pascal Wehrlein from Germany. The 2013 FIA Formula 3 European Championship features ten rounds in six different countries, with the prelude taking place at Monza, Italy, on March 23-24. Pre-season testing will commence at Spain’s Circuit de Catalunya on 8-9 March and in Monza on 18-19 March.