Podcast number 479
“Happy New Years from the F1Weekly crew”
Special end of year interview: Ralf Schumacher.
Fernando Alonso insists he’s not afraid of Vettel.
“I’m not afraid at all of Vettel, Should he come to Ferrari one day it won’t be a problem, I have nothing to say on that.
“But I’m not afraid to face any team-mate, because I’ve never feared them. None of my team-mates have ever done a single point more than I have, so I don’t see why I should be afraid of anyone.”
Samantha Rhodes shares her Top 50 Formula One Blogs”
Podcast number 453
Mark Webber on top in final practice!
Adrian Sutil putting his Force India in second.
Spa Francorchamps could yield yet another surprise.
Red Bull passes yet another FIA front wing test.
FIA to increase testing on so called flexi floors at Monza.
Motorsports Mondial with Nasir Hameed and…
This weeks interviews: Bob Bondurant and Hiro Matsushita.
Pos Driver Team Time Gap Laps
1. Mark Webber Red Bull-Renault 1m46.106s 10
2. Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 1m46.223s +0.117 17
3. Sebastian Vettel Red Bull-Renault 1m46.396s +0.290 12
4. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 1m46.397s +0.291 17
5. Robert Kubica Renault 1m46.492s +0.386 17
6. Fernando Alonso Ferrari 1m46.627s +0.521 11
7. Felipe Massa Ferrari 1m46.962s +0.856 10
8. Adrian Sutil Force India-Mercedes 1m47.064s +0.958 15
9. Nico Hülkenberg Williams-Cosworth 1m47.160s +1.054 16
10. Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari 1m47.296s +1.190 17
11. Pedro de la Rosa Sauber-Ferrari 1m47.388s +1.282 15
12. Vitaly Petrov Renault 1m47.406s +1.300 15
13. R.Barrichello Williams-Cosworth 1m47.512s +1.406 14
14. M.Schumacher Mercedes 1m47.695s +1.589 16
15. Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1m47.837s +1.731 9
16. Sébastien Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m47.905s +1.799 20
17. J.Alguersuari Toro Rosso-Ferrari 1m47.981s +1.875 18
18. Vitantonio Liuzzi Force India-Mercedes 1m48.692s +2.586 8
19. Jarno Trulli Lotus-Cosworth 1m50.600s +4.494 14
20. Bruno Senna HRT-Cosworth 1m51.133s +5.027 9
21. H.Kovalainen Lotus-Cosworth 1m51.384s +5.278 14
22. Lucas Di Grassi Virgin-Cosworth 1m51.517s +5.411 13
23. Timo Glock Virgin-Cosworth 1m51.669s +5.563 10
24. Sakon Yamamoto HRT-Cosworth 1m52.001s +5.895 13
Motorsport Mondial Presentation
Forza Felipe, baby! F1weekly would like to wish Ferrari star driver, Felipe Massa, a full and speedy recovery. The Brazilian driver was on Saturday when a piece of spring from Rubens Barrichello’s car hit him on the helmet. Massa is now being treated in a Budapest hospital.
Rain And-rea Shine: Italian rider Andrea Dovizioso scored his first Moto GP win in the final British Grand Prix at Donington Park. The series moves to Silverstone next year. The Honda rider finished ahead of Colin Edwards from Texas, second, on a Yamaha and Randy de Puniet, third, of France also riding a Honda.
Perfect Ten: The 2008 World Champion, Lewis Hamilton, scored his first win of the season on Sunday in the Hungarian Grand Prix. Win # 10 of his career. This is McLaren’s third consecutive and ninth victory at the Hungaroring. Kimi Raikkonen was second for Ferrari with Mark Webber third for Red Bull.
Smile of success: Three wins in a row for Nico Hulkenberg in Saturday’s GP2 feature race at Hungaroring. Young German from Emmerich currently leads the championship and is also test driver for Williams. Managed by Wili Weber of Schumacher fame. Shades of yesterday. And a bright future.
Bowling Green to Spa Green: Chevrolet Corvette triumphs over Maserati and Audi to win the classic Total 24 Hours of Spa. Winning car was driven by Kurt Mollekens, Mike Hezemans, Anthony Kumpen and Jos Meneten. Jacques Villeneuve, the 1996 F1 World Champion, crashed out earlier in the rain.