Reign and Shine: Lewis Hamilton’s back to back wins, in the rain on home ground at Silverstone, and Sunday’s German Grand Prix at Hockenheimring, has put the new Swiss resident at the top of the world championship. His eighth, and fourth of the season, career win came in dominant fashion despite a pit-lane blunder by the McLaren team when they elected not to bring him into the pits during a safety car period. Nelson Piquet Jr. was a lucky and jubilant second for Renault on a track where his father made his Formula 1 debut in 1978. Felipe Massa salvaged third for Ferrari and is now second in the championship, four points behind Hamilton. The F1 circus now moves to the Hungarian Grand Prix on August 3rd.
Podcast number 293.
Lewis Hamilton claws back to win in Germany!!
Nelson Piquet brings home second place Bravo Bravo Bravo!!
Felipe salvages third for Ferrari.
Pos Driver Team Time
1. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes (B) 1h31:20.874
2. Piquet Renault (B) + 5.586
3. Massa Ferrari (B) + 9.339
4. Heidfeld BMW Sauber (B) + 9.825
5. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes (B) + 12.411
6. Raikkonen Ferrari (B) + 14.403
7. Kubica BMW Sauber (B) + 22.682
8. Vettel Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 33.299
9. Trulli Toyota (B) + 37.158
10. Rosberg Williams-Toyota (B) + 37.625
11. Alonso Renault (B) + 38.600
12. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari (B) + 39.111
13. Coulthard Red Bull-Renault (B) + 54.971
14. Fisichella Force India-Ferrari (B) + 59.093
15. Nakajima Williams-Toyota (B) + 1:00.003
16. Sutil Force India-Ferrari (B) + 1:09.488
17. Button Honda (B) + 1 lap
Fastest lap: Heidfeld, 1:15.987